April 22, 2009

The Millionth Follower -- What's better? Quantity or Quality?


I was just reading this blog post which showed the profile of the person who was Ashton Kutcher's one millionth follower. Interesting that this person has never Tweeted yet has several followers and is only following two. This isn't exactly indicative of what Twitter is - or should I say, has been. I've enjoyed it for the two- or multi-way communications. But I've noticed that more and more people are coming on to Twitter that don't participate - or they overly "participate" by constantly sending salesy Tweets. I've noticed a big change in the patterns of people who follow/unfollow me and how I do the same. A shift is occurring and it's changing the landscape. Will it remain a conversant community or will it become a platform of eaos and sales pitches?

Posted via web from Consort Partners

No comments:

Post a Comment