October 06, 2009

Tried painting on canvas again while listening to zen music. See what happened..

I'll still go back and make a few edits, but you can see the progression from the blank canvas, to my base coat of warm hues with the sketch on top, to the painting of the figures.  I'm not good at drapery, so I really struggled with this part.  I think I'll work a bit more on the red fans and add a few more finishing touches to the figures before signing off on this.

Funny how I felt so calm when painting this.  Maybe it was the new age music I was listening to on Rhapsody (I was listening to the Healing Winds channel).  I even felt compelled to light some incense, although my studio got a bit smoky after that.  Anyway, I nice way to spend a chilly and blustery afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted via email from Kathy's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment