June 05, 2010

Painted my hospice patient's cat. Hope she'll like it

Every Wednesday I get the huge privilige to spend time with an amazing and inspirational 96 year old lady in my role as a volunteer for Hospice by the Bay. We talk about her life, love, friends and family and she always wants to know what's new with me.

She is a widow and lost her beloved cat last year so she got a new cat from the Humane Society. This cat was cautious at first but has adjusted quite well to his home and companion. My friend is patient with him and tells him "what a handsome cat" while she gently strokes him.

I thought I'd paint her cat as a gift for her as she's always so sweet and kind to me. Here's the painting below - it's acrylic on stretched canvas. I'm planning to give it to her next Wednesday.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted via email from Kathy's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment