May 27, 2009

To be an artist - all you need is your finger and your iPhone and maybe you too can land The New Yorker magazine cover

I don't have an iPhone, so I can't give this a try, but I find it remarkable and inspirational that you can create paintings with your finger on the touchscreen. Apparently it took the artist about an hour to render this image, which then graced the cover of The New Yorker. Pretty impressive.

Meanwhile, DPG (Deadline Painting Group) looms in the near distance, as the deadline for this month's theme (anything seasonal) is Friday, August 29th. I have painted, but I don't know if it looks seasonal. Too bad I don't have an iPhone - I'd do a little finger doodle of our garden birds lolling in the fountain on a hot day. Quintessential seasonal scene - to me at least.

Posted via web from Kathy's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment