June 13, 2011

Summer running season is starting

It's been a long, wet winter but summer is starting to peak around the clouds and bring us warmer weather.  This is great, as I've been reticent to get out there and run in the rain after my 4-hour soaking during the LA Marathon.

So far this year, I've completed the marathon and two halves - with the last being my PR (personal record) at 1 hour and 44 minutes, with an average of 7:59 minutes per mile. 

My next outstanding goal is to secure a spot in the Boston Marathon.  I've already qualified for the 2012 race, but that doesn't mean I'll get in.  Since I only qualified by 48 seconds, I have a feeling I might lose my spot to faster runners, as they get first dibs on the coveted 30,000 or so spots.

With running season gearing up, I've just bought a pair of new kicks (Mizuno's - forgot the name of the shoe) and will be joining the Tamalpa Running Club's trail runs and track workouts.


I'm also reading fellow Ross resident Dean Karnazes' Ultramarathon Man book to get some tips

No comments:

Post a Comment